How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sole owner(schC) has issued a w2 to himself preventing him

Customer Question

sole owner(schC) has issued a w2 to himself preventing him from deducting 12000 dollars self employed sep.
JA: Hi September. The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: $37000 was profit from his business, instead of following the normal path, he issued himself w2. has form 5498 with a $12000 self employed contribution to sep.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: how do we correct or reverse this w2?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
First of all - be sure to file for the extension - to have more time for SEP contributions.Correct employment tax returns - put zeros on amended employment tax return - and mark the last quarter employment tax return as final - so - there would not be any wages and the IRS will not expect additional tax returns - I assuming there were no other employees.Issue corrected (or voided) W2 form to the taxpayer.Report income and deductions on schedule C as needed and deduct SEP contribution. .Please be aware that with $37.000 net business income from self-employment - the maximum SEP contribution is $6877.There might be regular IRA contribution - $5500 (or $6500 for those above 50)Questions?