Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I cashed out my retirement because I have terminal cancer so

Customer Question
I am disabled. . How...
I cashed out my retirement because I have terminal cancer so I am disabled. . How do I handle that on turbo tax?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/11/2016
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. Sorry to hear of your condition. Did you receive a 1099-R?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
IDK, can I get back to you in about an hour?
Sure, no problem, if I am not online then, I will get back to you when I am back online.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, found the 1099r
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, it is for my SERS Plan 3. I will have to dig deeper to find the PERS
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I have found it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting!
What are the amounts in boxes 1 and 2 and the code in box 7. Is the IRA box checked?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not checked, 11,995.65 pers 33,668.75 sers
pers and sers are in box 7?
Tax Professional: Angie, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
New expert here, do you still need help with your 1099-R?
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "For Angie2613" in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.
Angie
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer