How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jonathan Tierney Your Own Question
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 322
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jonathan Tierney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im try to find my ein from my last job JA: The Accountant

Customer Question

Im try to find my ein from my last job
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I work their for a year but I never received my w2
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. Your employer is requried by the IRS to provide with a W-2, and also provide you with an additional copy if one is lost. Have your tried contacting them? Could they have mailed it to a prior address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I try contacting them but they told me to call the companu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.
They told you to contact their payroll service provider? Providing you the W-2 is the employer's responsibility, and a payroll company only helps them to meet their obligations. You should tell your former employer to call the payroll company. I imagine the a payroll company like ADP or Paychex would not talk with you without the company's permission, so I would push the former employer to get one, or else it risks facing IRS penalties.