How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyrone J. Taylor Your Own Question
Tyrone J. Taylor
Tyrone J. Taylor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 52
Experience:  Owner at Taylor Tax and Financial Consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tyrone J. Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently on a payment plan with the IRS. I

Customer Question

Hello, I am currently on a payment plan with the IRS. I cannot get ahold of them on the phone. No one ever answers the 800#. Also it keeps asking for a PIN number which of course I forgot and I have no way of finding out what it is either on the website or by phone. Please help!Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Customer,I am an Enrolled Agent with 9 years of professional tax experience. If you are trying to recover your IP PIN number, I have attached an IRS website page that instructs you how to recover it. If you need immediate assistance due to an impending issue that may negatively effect you, I would suggest calling the IRS Collection Line directly. Their telephone number is(###) ###-#### ***** you get the option to choose taxpayer press 1, taxpayer spouse press 2, click number 3, which states if you are an authorized representative of the taxpayer press 3. You can explain you cannot find your PIN and they may be able to help you. You probably need some information to identify yourself, like your last year's Adjusted Gross Income, or your payment amount for your current installment agreement. Good luck, and I hope this information is useful. If you have no further questions, please feel free to go ahead and rate my answer. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Mr. Taylor. There is no file attached.
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago. Sorry about that! I believe your best option is going to be to call the IRS collections department directly. But I hope either of these suggestions work for you. Have a good day.
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, This is a follow-up to your question. Did you have any other type of clarification needed? If not, please go ahead and rate the answer I have given, so your question can be closed out in my system. Thank you.