How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29797
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am independent lawn service i haven't filed taxes in five

Customer Question

Hi i am independent lawn service i haven't filed taxes in five years what should i do
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: Normally when i was doing taxes i would take all my bank statements and figure out my expenses per year and do taxes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: Yeah am i in a bad pasition
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You would need to-- re-establish all your records - income and expenses-- prepare all your tax returns and calculate possible tax liability-- if you are not able to pay - you might want to establish a payment plan with the IRS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So go to bank acquire last five year bank statements evaluate expenses and file past and present statements then call i.r.s.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks lev
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Bank statements might be a good start.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Also if you used credit cards to pay some expenses - you might want these statements too.But you might had other documents related to income and expenses as well.If you used a car for your business - you would need the mileage log.Depending on your specific circumstances - there might be other documents.For instance - if you paid to others - you would need receipts, cancelled checks, etc...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.