Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have deleted my tax papers from my computer. Can you help

Customer Question
me?...
I have deleted my tax papers from my computer. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/11/2016
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
How were your tax papers deleted, did you also empty the recycle bin? What information did the files contain?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is your telephone number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not find the recycle bin on my computer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was our federal and alabama tax returns. and I hit the no button on the save
The recycle bin should be right on your desktop if you are using Windows. Double-click the recycle bin icon to see if it is there. I cannot provide you with my contact information unless you accept an additional premium service under Just Answer's policy, which I can post now.
You can try this website for ideas on how to restore a deleted file http://www.pcworld.com/article/2147668/how-to-recover-deleted-files.html. However, if these files were from the internet an you never saved them at all, it might not be possible to recover them, unless they are somewhere in your temporary internet files or they might be able to be found with file recovery software.
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney