How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15606
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have expenses outside of my S-Corp K-1 where do I

Customer Question

If I have expenses outside of my S-Corp K-1 where do I list that on my tax return? ON the schedule A or on the schedule E page 2.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloAn owner-shareholder-employee of an S corporation can take the deduction for unreimbursed employee business expenses. This would be claimed on Schedule A. Personal business expenses are not the same as expenses that are costs the company incurs in the operating of its business.If you paid expenses that your S corporation should claim, the proper way to handle the items you have paid is to have the corporation reimburse you for the amounts you paid.If you do not submit the expenses for the S corporation to pay you back, you cannot deduct those payments at either level -- the business or on your personal tax return.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.