How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29799
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On page 2 of form 1040A, it asks income tax withheld

Customer Question

On page 2 of form 1040A, it asks for Federal income tax withheld from w-2 or 1099. The only 1099 we have is our Social Security. We do however have 1099R for retirement and pension. Am I to report only the voluntary amount I had taken from my Social Security?
Thank you. I'm getting confused on 1099 & 1099R.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
If you received form SSA-1099 reporting your social security benefits - federal withholding is reported in Box 6. Voluntary Federal Income Tax Withheld
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
If you receive from 1099R reporting your pension - - federal withholding is reported in box 4 Federal income tax withheldYou would need to ADD these amounts from all your forms.Questions?Let me know if you need help with reporting..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.