How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3808
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started a business in florida but didnt realize the tax implications

Customer Question

I started a business in florida but didnt realize the tax implications and I did not register with the state or county. I have filed my federal iincome tax and have an LLC or an EIN number with the federal governmen (I think)...How do I make good with the state of Florida and continue to grow my business?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.If you are a single member LLC, you are taxed as a sole proprietorship and report your income and expenses on Schedule C of your federal tax return (Form 1040). Florida does not have personal income tax.In the meantime, you will want to obtain a business license in your county and file your LLC with the Florida Division of Corporations.www.sunbiz.orgYou will also want to register with the Florida Department of Revenue if you are required to collect and pay sales tax.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb