How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29970
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to amend me return, what all has to go into the return

Customer Question

I have to amend me return, what all has to go into the return amendment? Do I redo my taxes like my initial or do I only enter my W2 I forgot on the original return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You will need to enter ALL information AND missing W2 form - if that is the only correction.Use Form 1040X , Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, to correct a previously filed individual income tax return. cannot file an amended tax return electronically under the e-file system. See Where To File in the Form 1040X Instructions for the address to mail your amended return. you are in Texas - use following addressDepartment of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Austin, TX###-##-####
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
.If you owe additional tax for a tax year for which the due date for filing has not passed, file Form 1040X and pay the tax by the due date for that year (without regard to any extension of time to file) to avoid penalties and interest.So - you still have time till Apr 18, 2016Attach copies of any forms or schedules affected by the change including any additional Forms W-2. You should also attach Form(s) 1099 if received after the original return filing and there is income tax withheld..You can check the status of your Form 1040X using the Where's My Amended Return? (WMAR) online tool or the toll-free telephone number(###) ###-####three weeks after you file your amended return. appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.