How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a tatoo artist and received non-employee wages. I did

Customer Question

I am a tatoo artist and received non-employee wages. I did not tatoo anywhere else except as and independent contractor for a specific business. Do I need to claim this income as self employment income and would I be responsible for completing schedule C and SE?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you received more than $400 you will have to complete schedule C and if you net profit is more than $400 you will also have to complete Schedule SE (self-employment tax). Self-employment tax is your portion of social security and medicare tax (normally withheld from paycheck if employee).