How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 85 years old, and I volunteered to help another senior

Customer Question

i am 85 years old, and I volunteered to help another senior citizen with her taxes. She filed estimated taxesl, but they produced only about one half of taxes due. I have looked at the 2210 form and penalties. It is a mess, and the corrections to the form ended in about 2007. Is there a simple way to offer the state a settlement amount they might accept?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. 2210 is only for calculating the penalty. If they didn't pay enough and cannot pay the rest by April 15 they can request installment agreement or in some situation offer in compromise. You cannot fix it by correcting 2210.