How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: i received

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: i received a 1099 misc box 3
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: i'm in sales and marketing
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: can i report my expenses on 2106?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: usually in the past jobs i was receiving a 1099 misc box 7
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I'm happy to help you with your question. You can report the expenses for the 1099-Misc that you received with the total in box 3 the same way that you report them as if they were in box 7.Your tax software should let you link this amount to your schedule C. If it does is not vital that the 1099 be entered as long as you report the income. Alternately... You can report the income from this particular 1099-Misc as "Other income" which is not subject to self employment tax. It appears on line 21 of the 1040. If you wish to claim expenses against this I recommend using the schedule C. The 2106 is for unreimbursed employee receiving a are not considered an employee.
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
I hope this information was helpful. Please take a moment to rate my service.
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.