How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7097
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive a vehicle allowance from my employer and a company

Customer Question

I receive a vehicle allowance from my employer and a company gas card. Are any of my work related miles (beyond my miles from home to the office) or vehicle maintenance expenses eligible for a tax deduction.
If so, what is/ are the tax deductions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
No. Not under the arrangement you describe. You would however be able to deduct parking and tolls for business travel if they are not reimbursed by your employer. You would use Form 2106 to claim those non-reimbursed business expenses. There is no mileage deduction for your situation.Steve G.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
Just Checking in....................Do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.Steve G.

Related Tax Questions