How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29971
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to file a personal income tax extension with

Customer Question

I would like to file a personal income tax extension with the irs. Is anyone eligible? If I think I owe money can I just say I don't know so that I can get 6 more months? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You may file for the extension to file your tax return - that is not an issue.You will use Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Returnthat form may be sent to the IRS by mail or you may file it electronically.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
.You can also get an extension by paying all or part of your estimated income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using Direct Pay, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), or a credit or debit card. This way you won’t have to file a separate extension form and you will receive a confirmation number for your records..It is recommended that you may all your expected tax liability before the deadline - for 2015 - that is Apr 18, 2016.If you will have additional tax liability and will pay it after - there will be additional penalty and interest charges..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.