Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does a 73 yo retiree on social security, who makes additional

Customer Question
income less than $10k required...
Does a 73 yo retiree on social security, who makes additional income less than $10k required to file a return?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/9/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
In your situation - social security income is NOT taxable.Filing requirements for 2015 starts from $11,850 (considering the age)
So if that additional income is from wages - filing is NOT required.However if that is a self-employment income - and there will be deductions and self-employment tax liability - filing is required.If that additional income from pension - filing is NOT required.If you need any clarification - be sure to ask...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor