Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We are self employed and received a 1095-a. can we still claim

Customer Question
we are self employed and...
we are self employed and received a 1095-a. can we still claim our premiums as a business expense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/9/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
You may NOT deduct health insurance premiums on schedule C as business expenses .However if you are self-employed - under some circumstances you may deduct premiums on form 1040 line 29 as Self-employed health insurance deduction.Please be aware that only premiums paid by you may be deducted.If you received premium Tax Credit (PTC) - that amount is not deductible.Let me know if you need any help with reporting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
regarding justanswer.com - is my credit card being charged for your answer - if so how much. if i ask other questions does it cost more.
Please be aware that experts do not have access to your account.So all issues related to payments should be directed to the customer service.I would be glad to address all your tax related issues.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor