How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29573
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are self employed and received a 1095-a. can we still claim

Customer Question

we are self employed and received a 1095-a. can we still claim our premiums as a business expense.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You may NOT deduct health insurance premiums on schedule C as business expenses .However if you are self-employed - under some circumstances you may deduct premiums on form 1040 line 29 as Self-employed health insurance deduction.Please be aware that only premiums paid by you may be deducted.If you received premium Tax Credit (PTC) - that amount is not deductible.Let me know if you need any help with reporting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
regarding - is my credit card being charged for your answer - if so how much. if i ask other questions does it cost more.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Please be aware that experts do not have access to your account.So all issues related to payments should be directed to the customer service.I would be glad to address all your tax related issues.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.