How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed my taxes . I just heard about the new

Customer Question

I have filed my taxes for 2015. I just heard about the new consumer cash rebates and the deadline for filing for those is April 18. Where do I secure a form for those?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Can you be more specific about those cash rebates? Where did you hear about them? IRS usually do not offer cash rebates of any kind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Congress passed a bill which President Obama signed into law on a Friday afternoon in December--the 18th, I think. Congress had approved about 45 billion dollars to go the middle income families who had paid their taxes, much like the stimulus that President Bush did in 2006 or 7. Anyway, that is what I heard today but I cannot find anything about forms or claims.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What Obama approved was a spending bill. Some of bill is earmarked for certain tax credits that would expire at the end of the year if the bill didn't pass. It doesn't meant that everybody who pays taxes will get a check. What we received in 2006 and 2007 was type of advance credit. That's not what congress passed this time.