Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a questions regarding whether my institution is an "eligible

Customer Question
institution" that is required to...
I have a questions regarding whether my institution is an "eligible institution" that is required to submit 1098t. The institution was just approved to participate in the Department of Education student financial aid program (Title IV) in October of 2015. The institution has not disbursed any Title IV funds as of yet.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/8/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloAn eligible educational institution is a school offering higher education beyond high school. It is any college, university, vocational school, or other post secondary educational institution eligible to participate in a student aid program run by the U.S. Department of Education.The school was eligible as of October. The eligibility is not retroactive. Any amounts paid prior to the eligible status is not allowed.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4