Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

CAN A US TAX PAYER WORKING US COMPANY THAT REQUIERS HIM

Customer Question
CAN A US TAX PAYER...
CAN A US TAX PAYER WORKING FOR A US COMPANY THAT REQUIERS HIM TO BE PHYSICALLY OVERSEAS IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY FOR A PERIOD OF 365 DAYS FILE TAX EXEMPT
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/8/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.United States citizens and resident aliens are taxed on their worldwide income, whether the person lives inside or outside of the United States. However, qualifying U.S. citizens and resident aliens who live and work abroad may be able to exclude from their income all or part of their foreign salary or wages, or amounts received as compensation for their personal services. In addition, they may also qualify to exclude or deduct certain foreign housing costs. The annual exclusion amount for 2015 is $100,800.The following links contain excellent information which you will find helpful:https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Foreign-Earned-Income-ExclusionPlease let me know if you require further information or clarification.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent