Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What does it mean to get a distress warrant from West

Customer Question
Virginia state tax department for...
what does it mean to get a distress warrant from West Virginia state tax department for default on payment plan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/8/2016
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. A Distress warrant is issued when you fail to meet your payments under the payment plan you set up. This is one of the last steps before you lose your home. You do have 65 days from the date the warrant was issued to pay your tax debt in full. Please see below:http://law.justia.com/codes/west-virginia/2005/11/wvc11-10-13.html If this answer has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer.
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer