Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

What happens if a spouse pass away before the Refund Check

Customer Question

What happens if a spouse pass away before the Refund Check comes back
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf that were to happen then the IRS advises:"If you are a surviving spouse and you receive a tax refund check in both your name and your deceased spouse's name, you can have the check reissued in your name alone. Return the joint-name check marked “VOID” to your local IRS office or the service center where you mailed your return, along with a written request for reissuance of the refund check. A new check will be issued in your name and mailed to you."You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Please respond below so I know you could view the answer.