Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I obtain a copy of the form SS-4 I filled out online

Customer Question
to get my company's EIN...
How can I obtain a copy of the form SS-4 I filled out online to get my company's EIN number and Confirmation letter? I received the Ein number online and took a picture of the number issued as well as the summary page with my phone. My accountant is asking my for the original form filled out for taxes. I don't have the original form as it was done online. Trying to obtain a copy. Please advise! Thank you so much!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/7/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloYou cannot get a copy of the SS4 but the IRS will send you a confirmation letter that verifies your EIN.Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-#### ***** hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.They can fax you the verification when you ask.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Checking to see if you responded
Did you call and get the form you needed?
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4