Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a retired full ordained Deacon. I worked Archdiocese

Customer Question
I am a retired full...
I am a retired full ordained Deacon. I worked for the Archdiocese of L.A. for 25 years, I am now retired. I continue to serve at my local parish on a regular schedule on weekends, Masses, Baptisms, etc. What am I allowed to claim as donated "time". All scheduled and documented?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Prior to my retirement I did all of these ministries I was on the payroll, now I do these ministries without pay, can I do these as donations?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/7/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloIRS does not allow you to assign a value to your time for charitable donation purposes. The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction for some out-of-pocket expenses you accrue when volunteering your time. The value of your time is never deductible as a charitable contribution.However, if the charity requires you to wear a special uniform when volunteering or you have to pay to park your car in a garage, these types of expenses can be applied to your charitable deduction for the year.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Checking to see if you responded
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4