Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

California expertise needed. Is there upside/downside in registering

Customer Question

California expertise needed.
Is there upside/downside in registering for MyFTB?
I have an open issue where I didn't file my IRS form 8889 for 2013; that will be resolved in a few days and then can catch up with FTB to resolve this. Seems being off the formal radar has advantages in terms of response times for compliance, but don't know, practically. Having MyFTB gives them more ability/mechanisms for contact. Are there any advantages?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
What are you asking about "registering"? To file personal returns? What kind of tax due you figure you owe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Stephen, if you are not familiar with MyFTB, I'd like to request that you throw this back in the pool for someone who does.

While confident you are a qualified practitioner, I'm looking for specific experience that you seem to not possess on this particular issue.

Thank you,

--jeff

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
Be happy to; thought you were referring to the CA health care issues; it's kind of busy here so if you don't get a response and you want to continue let me know; in the meantime I'll opt out.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
By the way, did you see this:IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We deactivated all MyFTB accounts created prior to 2016. You must re-register in 2016 to access MyFTB, CalFile, and some features in Web Pay. You do not need a MyFTB account to use Web Pay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Stephen, system isn't allowing me to rate you. Knowing I need to re-register gives me the ability to give you a good ranking if you like.

Thank you!