How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tax problem stemming back from 2007. The amount is

Customer Question

I have a tax problem stemming back from 2007. The amount is much more than I can afford to pay. I have to do, also, my taxes from 2012 to 2015. I work and live in Kuwait.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I have letters for debts from 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2011 taxes that I just received today for 56,996.14. They are saying it is due by April 11, 2016.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: In 2007 they said I didn't claim all my income. I'm in Kuwait. I don't have all my records for those years.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
I would write back or call and see if you could get some type of payment arrangement or contest it. I would also get copies of your tax transcripts from the IRS on their website. I would also work on getting the documentation for previous years to contest the amount. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thank you.