Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I claim 0 withholdings presently on my payroll and bring home

Customer Question
(net) $1700.00 every two weeks...
i claim 0 withholdings presently on my payroll and bring home (net) $1700.00 every two weeks. if i change my witholdings to 3 dependents how much more will i bring home on each biweekly check
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/6/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
If you are single with zero allowances on W4 form - most likely your bi-weekly paycheck stub looks asBi-weekly Gross Pay $2,300Federal Withholding $391Social Security $142.60 Medicare $33.35 Net Pay $1,733 If you increase the number of allowances to Three - we expect followingBi-weekly Gross Pay $2,300Federal Withholding $274Social Security $142.60 Medicare $33.35 Net Pay $1,850 Questions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am married with one child. does that make a difference. shouldn't i NET more than $1,850
For WITHHOLDING purposes - it doesn't matter if you are married and how many dependents you have...What does matter - information you provided on W4 form to your payroll person.If you selected Marred - withholding would be different.
.Thus in this case with ZERO allowances - you pay stub should look likeBi-weekly Gross Pay $2,100Federal Withholding $230Social Security $130.20Medicare $30.45Net Pay $1,709.but if you put THREE allowances -Bi-weekly Gross Pay $2,100Federal Withholding $160Social Security $130.20Medicare $30.45Net Pay $1,779..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor