Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can you still take a home office deduction if you're still

Customer Question
Can you still take a...
Can you still take a home office deduction if you're still renting?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/6/2016
Tax Professional: Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. Yes, renters are allowed to claim a home office deduction. Rent for a house or apartment would go on line 18 (generally as an indirect expense) on Form 8829, found here https://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-8938,-Statement-of-Foreign-Financial-Assets. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions.Thanks, Jonathan
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney