How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15597
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have applied tax number and I was sent a form back

Customer Question

Hi I have applied for a tax number and I was sent a form back to ask me for the reasons I need a tax #. I am a resident & citizen of Canada and won winnings at the casino. $450 was deducted from my winnings and I would like to apply for it back. What should I put as my reason?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYour reason then would be to file a US 1040NR. The W7 should be completed and the US return sent with the W7 requesting a refund.If you sent the W7 alone then complete the 1040NR showing the winnings and taxes withheld.You would mark "b" as your reason.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded