How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyrone J. Taylor Your Own Question
Tyrone J. Taylor
Tyrone J. Taylor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 52
Experience:  Owner at Taylor Tax and Financial Consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tyrone J. Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small daycare business with 3 employees. I have failed

Customer Question

I have a small daycare business with 3 employees. I have failed to file payroll taxes for 2.5 years. I want to rectify this, and make payments and become legitimate, but I am afraid of the amount owed, and that I will loose my home, business, everything. Do you think I can pay in monthly installments?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon, I am an Enrolled Agent with 9 years of professioanl tax experience. The IRS has a special installment program for late payroll tax filers. It is called the In-Business-Trust-Fund-Express-Installment-Agreement. It allows you to pay the balance over a 24 month period.Here is a link to the program and how to apply for it: I always like to emphasize to my client that the payroll tax payment should come first due to a heavy, quick penalty (10% after 16 days late, plus interest) and the fact they can be personally liable for this tax, even if it is a corporation, or the business closes. So, be sure to file this on time from this point forward.I hope this is the answer you are looking for. Please let me know if you need clarification of anything. If not, thank you and please go ahead and rate my answer. Have a good day.
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I am checking to see if you needed any clarification for my answer. If your question has been answered, please go ahead and rate my answer so your question can be closed out. Thank you.