How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15590
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Wife died in Dec 2015,the will is going to probate, the

Customer Question

My Wife died in Dec 2015,the will is going to probate, the will has not been accepted, so I am not allowed to get into her seperate accounts. Does the IRS allow later filling.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou can request an extension of your personal return filing using form 4868. This would allow till October for the personal return to be filed.It only extends filing not payment so if you generally owe tax when you file you need to pay what you expect to owe with the extension by April 18th (we receive 3 extra days this filing year).You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago. The above is a link to the form.