How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married a girl from India last year who stayed in the US

Customer Question

I married a girl from India last year who stayed in the US only from June to Aug. She doesn't have an ITIN or SSN, and we're getting divorced. What are my options for filing status? Married Filing Separately has a heavy financial burden. Can I apply as Married Filing Jointly but without her ITIN? Is there a different way given this is a unique situation in which I will be for only this one year and my wife has never been a "resident".
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Please see my answer to this question which you posted in another thread.Thank you and best regards,Barb