How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Anderson Your Own Question
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 541
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Anderson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son had a stroke and I am doing his income tax .

Customer Question

My son had a stroke and I am doing his income tax for him. If he gets a refund how can I cash it for him? He can try to initial it. He is paralyzed on his right side. His left side is ok. He is aware of what is going on. He can scribble his name or initial
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
I would suggest you have him sign it. There is case law that an X is a valid signature. If you need to handle his affairs you may need to get a guardianship if you had no power of attorney in place. Does he have a bank account with you? You might want deposit it in that account. I hope this answers your question. If not, then please reply. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot my password. ***@******.***
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
I don't know about the password. If you think I answered your question, then please accept. Thank you.