How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4623
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my finished IRS tax forms , but I'm not sure

Customer Question

I have my finished IRS tax forms for 2012, but I'm not sure if they ever were filed! (I know this sounds crazy) How can I be sure the Turbo Tax, both Federal and State forms were ever sent and received?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer I'll assist. The best way is to check directly with IRS and your state. IRS offers transcript service on its web page ( is the link). IRS transcripts are mailed to you free. Illinois offers a service that will send you a copy of the filed return (for $5 fee). is the link. This is the only way you can really prove the tax agencies got returns. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated when you rate my response. I'mCustomer