Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband owes and was making payments and will owe

Customer Question
My husband owes for 2013...
My husband owes for 2013 and was making payments and will owe for 2015 but he has passed away. We file separately but not as married. I have already filed and I do not know we
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: I filed already but I don't know what to do with his situation, we were not together he lived at his moms.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: Our situation has been this way for years, he suddenly died from cancer within a month of being diagnosed
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/5/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.First, please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your husband.Because you have been using the married filing separate filing status, any tax liability that your husband had/has is not yours.As to filing a tax return for your deceased husband, please see the information in the following link:http://www.360financialliteracy.org/Topics/Budgeting-Spending/Budgeting-and-Saving/My-spouse-passed-away-this-year.-When-I-file-my-taxes-what-filing-status-should-I-claimPlease let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent