How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Senecal just filed my K1 with IRS and what to disolve

Customer Question

***** ***** senecal just filed my K1 with IRS and what to disolve my LLC partnership .Who do i call in New york state.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought my partner out and i am now sole propritor and dont need a LLC.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to our site!First of all - you will need to file a FINAL tax return for the partnership - you will use form 1065 - and check the box FINAL.All assets must be distributed and all accounts should become zero.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
All assets must be distributed and all accounts should become zero.Specifically for NY filing - see these page are Articles of dissolution you need to file with New York State Department of State.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Related Tax Questions