How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29969
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does a car leasing company claim depreciation expense on the auto they lease out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Your income is taxable for both states.For Michigan income is taxable because it is from Michigan sources - and that is regardless if you a resident or nonresident in that state.For Ohio - you are taxed on all your worldwide income regardless of its source - just because you are a resident of that state.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
The filing procedure generally would be as following- you prepare your Michigan tax return as a nonresident - and determine your tax liability.- then you prepare your Ohio tax returnHowever you will be able to claim a credit for taxes paid to other states (Michigan ) - thus effectively will avoid double taxation of the same income.See here appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.