How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15747
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did my 2015 taxes using married filing joint and married

Customer Question

I did my 2015 taxes using married filing joint and married filing separately. In error I e-filed the married filing joint tax return - how do I get this return voided and file the married filing separately instead?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou cannot void a return. If the return was accepted when you e-filed you will need to file an amended return using Form 1040X to amend and change your filing.If the return is rejected for some reason you can change what you wish.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded