How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made the bulk of my wages in CT but I worked in Manhattan

Customer Question

I made the bulk of my wages in CT but I worked in Manhattan for 4 months. When entering the Federal AGI on the IT-203 do I need to include my CT wages?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What is your resident state?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
You will include the entire Fed AGI in the first column and your NY wages in the second column. As you follow down the lines you will eventually end up with NY taxable income on the page 3. You will calculate your NY state tax on line 46. I am assuming you were not NYC resident while working in Manhattan, you can skip the NYC and Younkers taxes. On your CT return you will include all income, including income earned in NYC but you will get a credit for taxes paid to NYS.