Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I made the bulk of my wages in CT but I worked in Manhattan

Customer Question

I made the bulk of my wages in CT but I worked in Manhattan for 4 months. When entering the Federal AGI on the IT-203 do I need to include my CT wages?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What is your resident state?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
You will include the entire Fed AGI in the first column and your NY wages in the second column. As you follow down the lines you will eventually end up with NY taxable income on the page 3. You will calculate your NY state tax on line 46. I am assuming you were not NYC resident while working in Manhattan, you can skip the NYC and Younkers taxes. On your CT return you will include all income, including income earned in NYC but you will get a credit for taxes paid to NYS.