Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can i deduct a gift of up to 14k to my parents or friend for

Customer Question
tax purposes?...
can i deduct a gift of up to 14k to my parents or friend for tax purposes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Gifts to specific persons or gifts that benefits specific persons are NEVER deductible - regardless if the person is related to you or not and regardless if that person is in needs.Only gifts to qualified charitable organizations are deductible.
On the other hand - the gift is not taxable income for donees - but it is still not deductible for donors.If you are looking for deductible gifts - it must be made to the qualified charitable organizations - for instance - to church.Sorry if you expected differently.Let me know if you need any clarification this matter.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor