Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I worked as a 1099 employee in California weeks through

Customer Question

I worked as a 1099 employee in California for 4 weeks through a Dallas texas based company...but am a permanent Florida resident. Do I owe any state tax to California?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.If you conducted your business in CA, you will file a CA nonresident tax return.If you received a 1099-MISC, you are not considered an employee. You are self-employed.https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/fileRtn/Nonresidents_PartYear_Residents.shtmlPlease let me know if you require further information or clarification.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb