How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not receive my 1099 and I need to do

Customer Question

Hello. I did not receive my 1099 for 2015 and I need to do taxes--asap. How can I retrieve the taxable amount received for 2015? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. I am assuming you are talking about 1099Misc for independent contractors. As long as you know how much you made you don't need 1099. Unlike w2, there are no taxes taken out of 1099Misc income and you can file your taxes without 1099. Check your records, add up your checks or bank deposits and report what you recevied on your Schedule c.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to Social Security dollars. I know the deposits but did not receive anything from Social Security that gives me the taxable income amount for 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get that amount/
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So it is 1099SSA. Well, the best place to start would be Social security administration. You can request a substitute form. They may not give you the information over the phone, you may need to go directly to your local SSA office. You can also try your online SSA account to find out your monthly benefit payments. At the end of every year SSA mail out information about benefits amount for the following year. If you still have the letter, you can calculate your total benefits.