Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Do you call and tell people they have a law suit from the

Customer Question

Do you call and tell people they have a law suit from the IRS. I got a pre recorded message and did not specify who the call was for is this a scam?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Yes this is a scam. They have been on the increase in the last three years.

...

See this from IRS: https://www.irs.gov/uac/IRS-Urges-Public-to-Stay-Alert-for-Scam-Phone-Calls

...

IRS will never call you. They use US mail for their correspondence.

...

You may call IRS, but IRS does not call taxpayers

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has helped.

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd really appreciate a positive rating (using the rating request, faces, or stars on your screen)

...

That’s the only way JustAnswer will credit me for the work here.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.