Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need to know the amount of Social Security received in

Customer Question
2015....
I need to know the amount of Social Security received in 2015.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/30/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

An SSA-1099 is a tax form SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

The forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, SSA has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

• Calling SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

Use one of the above ways to get the info you need. No one else can get it for you.

You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.
You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4