How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is yen. i need help completing the 709 form gift

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** need help completing the 709 form for a gift made to my niece for her down payment.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have my niece $90,000 in 2015 to help her with downpayment for her house
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

What specific questions do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I am trying to complete the 709 form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my gift consider a direct skip?
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

No, your gift would not be a direct skip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think this can get complicated and I would rather have someone in person to discuss this. I will no longer need your services. Thanks.
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.