How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7118
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Vehicle information work sheet, date place in service, i

Customer Question

vehicle information work sheet for 2014, date place in service, i have the wrong date, how can i correct that mistake, filing this year 2015
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Specifically, what is the error in the date?

Sis it affect the depreciation computation?

If so, by how much?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have 1988 instead of 1998,it was always filed 1998, but i made a mistake, would it be a problem, if put 1998 the correct date for 2015
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

It should have been fully depreciated long ago unless it was purchased used. If the depreciation is correct as is, then there's no problem, you can just make the correction. If the depreciation is in error by more than a few hundred dollars, you would have to file an amended return.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in...............

Do you have any further follow-up questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.