Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can special needs tax return 1041 deduct rental fee and

Customer Question
payroll expenses? JA: Thanks. Can you...
can special needs tax return 1041 deduct rental fee and payroll expenses?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: file 1041 for parent who had special needs trust and paid rent fee and pay worker's wages. Can fees be deducted?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

Yes, the SNT can deduct payroll expenses and rental fees against its income. The expenses should be for the established purpose of the trust, but both can be deducted.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated when you rate my assistance. I'm PDtax.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which line of 1041? Are you a CPA?
Thanks!

The 1041 reporting of rents is on line 15a, allocated between taxable and tax-free incomes.

Payroll is deducted on the same schedule.

I am a CPA, licensed in New York. You can check my credentials on the site. I own a CPA firm.

I have a special needs trust as one of my personal tax clients.

PDtax

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

Please rate my assistance to close out your question. I'm glad to help.

PDtax

PDtax
PDtax