How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my 2014 taxes, so I can do this year's taxes?

Customer Question

How do I get my 2014 taxes, so I can do this year's taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do you need a copy of your tax return? What do you need your 2014 for?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Do you need the entire return or a specific amount from your return? Would transcript give you the information needed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need what I paid in or received from Fed and State
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. A transcript will give you the info and it is free. Here's how to get IRS transcript:

You will be looking for a 2014 RETURN transcript (not form or account)

Unfortunately, states usually don't provide transcript. If you received any state refund last you should had received 1099G from the state telling you amount of the refund you received. If not, request IRS 2015 form transcript. IRS will send you transcript of all forms they have on file from third parties but the 2015 transcript may not be available until later. It might be easier just call the state and ask.

You may also be able to get copies of your return from your preparer or software provider. How did you file your taxes last year?