How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29919
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I specificly fill out a 1045. I want to carry it back

Customer Question

How do I specificly fill out a 1045 for NOL for 2015. I want to carry it back to 2013. I have read the IRS pubs but still not sure what to put is specific places. There must be a filled in "go by" somewhere.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

First of all - you need to prepare schedule A (from 1045) - that is how you calculate 2015 NOL.
After 2015 NOL is determined - it must be carried back for two years unless you specifically elected not to carry back and only carry forward.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Form 1045 is used instead of amending 2013 and 2014 tax returns.

That would be more simple to prepare form 1045 with your 2015 tax return and claim refunds for prior two years.

If you are looking for some examples - please take a look into following publication


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you will all tax related issues.