How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3372
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is income earned in the U.S. by a individual on an A-2 Visa

Customer Question

Is income earned in the U.S. by a individual on an A-2 Visa subject to U.S. income tax?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: Hungarian Citizen works in U.S. for Hungarian Consulate in NYC on an A-2 Visa. earns a nominal $5,000 of income. Is this income as a diplomat subject to income tax in the U.S.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Yes, this A-2 Visa Diplomat was married to a U.S. person in 2015
JA: Our top Accountant is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Accountant in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Accountant until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Exemption from U.S. income tax is limited to professional salaries earned by the sending government (in this case, Hungary).

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,